Greetings brave Knight,
Journey to the Dwarven Foundry, nestled within the region of Highgard, where the fusion of items takes place: Transmutation! Prepare yourself for the alchemical process that can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary!
Brokkr and Sindri run a Foundry in Highgard, and they are always ready to transmute your items! Transmutation allows you to combine several weapons, armor pieces, or charms into a single piece that is one rarity level higher than the pieces you combined.
What can be transmuted?
Weapons and Armor:
- If you forge 3 Common items, you will obtain 1 Rare item
- If you forge 4 Rare items, you will obtain 1 Epic item
- If you forge 5 Epic items, you will obtain 1 Legendary item
- If you forge 6 Legendary items, you will obtain 1 Unique item.
- If you forge 4 Common Charms, you will obtain 1 Rare Charm
- If you forge 5 Rare Charms, you will obtain 1 Epic Charm
- If you forge 6 Epic Charms, you will obtain 1 Legendary Charm
- If you forge 7 Legendary Charms, you will obtain 1 Unique Charm.
Remember, the outcome of Transmutation depends on the specific types of items you use - for example, the result of your weapons transmutation is based on the ‘Strong vs’ tag. The more items you have from a particular category, the higher the chance of obtaining one of that category.
If you use three Common ‘Strong vs. Goblin’ Weapons, the resulting item will be a guaranteed Rare Strong vs Goblin weapon. Adding additional Strong vs tag weapons into the process means that you can get any of those tags as a result, with the chance being based on the number of each Strong vs tag present in the mix! The potential results are displayed before confirming the process, ensuring you know what possible weapons you'll forge.
The resulting item will always be of the same type as the base item. For instance, you can only forge weapons with other weapons, not with any of the armor types. If you forge a Body Armor, you will only get Body Armor as a result - not a Helmet or Boots!
Similarly, Charms can only be Transmuted according to their shape - the result will again depend on what mix of Charms you put in. If you put in a mix of Defence Charms (also known as ‘bowtie’ Charms), you may get Armor or Health Charms as a result - if you definitely want an specific Charm of the next rarity up, make sure to only add Charms of that specific type into the mix!
Transmutation also adheres to Ranks and Rarity. You can only Transmute items of the same Rank, or 1 Rank lower. Forging a Legendary item requires Epic items, not Rare or Common ones. The acquired equipment, after Transmutation, will consistently start at the base level of its rank. For instance, if you fuse 4 Rare items at Rank 3, the obtained item will also be at Rank 3.
Remember to gather enough Gold for each transmutation, as the cost will be indicated at the bottom of the window before confirming the action.
Additionally, any Charms socketed into the item used in Transmutation will be lost, so choose wisely before beginning the process. If you are in need of the Charms, don't forget to remove them with Spanners before throwing the Weapon in the flames of Transmutation!
The following items are restricted from Transmutation:
- Armor without a type specification (Light, Heavy, Ranged, Magic), such as the Astellan Helm.
- Locked items from your Backpack are not eligible for transmutation.
- The last Weapon you own in each ‘Strong vs.’ type category cannot be transmuted. However, this does not include Mythic Weapons due to their variable tunings - the player must have at least one non-Mythic weapon that is ‘Strong vs.’ each monster type in your inventory at all times.
These being revealed, you're now ready to embark on the path of Transmutation, and witness the fusion of power and rarity in the fires of the Dwarven Foundry. Enhance your arsenal, bolster your Charm collection, and unveil the true potential of your equipment!