Greetings brave Knight,
A wealthy knight is a happy knight. Right? Right!
"Gold is forever!"
Gold, the ubiquitous currency, holds great significance in various in-game Shops such as the Weapons and Armor Merchants.
Gold is also essential for ranking up your Heroes. From rank 1 to 7, Heroes require a certain amount of Gold along with Tomes and Drops. However, as Heroes reach ranks 8 and 9, Mythic Essence takes precedence over Gold for all rarities. Keep in mind that higher ranks and rarities demand a bigger investment, with costs reaching up to 100,000 Gold per Hero, depending on the rarity of the Hero.
Gold finds further use in transmuting Weapons and Armor, enlightening Heroes at the Library to enhance their stats, and it can also be distilled into Mythic Essence at The Still from The Temple of Aeons.
You can obtain Gold in multiple ways:
- Completing quests (Daily, Weekly, Side Stories)
- Completing certain challenges (Onslaught Dungeon, Rift choices)
- Dismantling certain items (Capes and duplicate Customization items)
- Completing Hunts
- Watching ads - this is not mandatory
Be aware that any excess inventory items (e.g., Torches and Arena tickets) will be converted into Gold.
Let's talk about Gems!
Conversely, Gems serve as the game's secondary currency, offering you a wide range of possibilities. Gems can be used to acquire most resources in the game, including Gold, as well as action points for various activities like Stamina, Rift Maps, War Orders, Portal attempts, Onslaught resets, and immediate Shrine completions.
Gems will also be very important to morph new skins, so you can look stylish.
Whenever an item or action can be obtained or refreshed using Gems, the game will notify you, and you must confirm the action.
It's important to note that not everything in Knighthood can be purchased directly. Some items, such as Crimson Orbs and Guild Accolades, cannot be bought with Gold or Gems. Instead, they can only be earned through specific in-game activities.
To obtain Gems, you have several options available:
- Completing certain quests (e.g., completing all Daily quests grants 40 gems)
- Rewards from certain Roaming Monsters objectives
- Gem Mines (unlocked after the "Laden Pass" Conquest in Mirefen)
- Rewarded based on weekly placement in the Arena League
- Rewarded in Special Events
- Generated in Guild Wars if your Guild controls a Gem Mine.